Monday, January 31, 2011

Look what I found!

So after an incredibly busy and slightly stressful day, I headed to the gym for my step class to help burn off some extra energy. And it helped! It's amazing how something that takes so much energy can make you feel so much better and more relaxed. Exercise works wonders sometimes.

As I was scanning the internet tonight I found my newest obsession: author and chef Candice Kumai's wonderful blog Stiletto Chef. With a name that fun how can you not fall in love with it :) Candice is a renowned chef, cooking show star, and author of an upcoming healthy cookbook Pretty Delicious. This girl is the epitome of classy, fabulous,  and health food entrepreneur.

Photo from Stiletto Chef
This book is now on my wish list:)



This site is now on my daily check list. She's got great tips.  Her post "Slow Food. Sooo in... Fast food. Sooo out." talks about how taking time to slow down and make our own meals is one of the easiest ways to keep our nutrition in check. Fresh veggies, meats, and fruits don't have any of those nasty preservatives that keep us packing on those pounds. Check her site out here.

Tomorrow's another busy and hectic day, I'm so looking forward to some afternoon kickboxing. And some Zumba to dance away any of the day's negativities!

5 comments:

  1. ooo! YAY! I can't wait to try this.Good luck in zumba and kickboxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm going to have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I really want to start going to the zumba class! I'm still working on the cooking every day part, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove the zumba class I have been going to the Tuesday night class and it is amazing. They say every 30 min of zumba is around 500 calories!

    ReplyDelete