Friday, February 4, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

This week has been beyond exhausting. With interviews, homework and quizzes,  I really didn't think I would survive (let alone find time to keep up with my healthy goals!). But somehow I managed it.  Tonight it's time to hit the gym, burn off some excess energy and study my butt off for my aerobics instructor certification class and exam tomorrow. (I'm sooooo nervous! ahh!) 


I just downloaded the Nike Training Club app for my iphone and I'm so excited to try it out tonight! The app is designed to help you transform yourself into whatever you want to be. It's filled with exercises and guided workouts to help you reach your goals.

With the app you can choose between four goals:

  • Get Lean
    • High interval cardio drills to slim down
  • Get Toned
    • Light weights and intervals to add definition
  • Get Strong
    • Increased weights and reps to build strength
  • Get Focused
    • 15-minute workouts to target specific areas
Photo from FiveFiveFabulous

Each section offers you a bunch of different workouts. You can pick a different goal and workout routine everyday.  AND the more workouts you complete, the more "minutes" you earn. Once you have collected specific amounts of minutes, you can unlock special features and workouts. I can't wait to unlock these :) I'm a total sucker for incentives.

FitSugar tip of the day:

  • Rise and Shine (and sweat!)
    • Research has shown that people who exercise in the morning keep their metabolism elevated for hours and thus get a jump on burning calories. Studies also show that people who start each day with a workout tend to stick with their programs longer.



New goal for me: TRY to wake up early to kickstart my metabolism :)  (yeah, we'll see how long that happens!)

5 comments:

  1. aww that is so neat! Im in a biggest loser competition with my roommate and boyfriend so that app would definitely help me win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it be better to eat a light breakfast before an early morning work out or just drink a cup of coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALWAYS eat breakfast. It gives your metabolism the kick-start it needs to get through the day. Otherwise, if you wait until later in the day to eat, your body thinks your going into starvation mode and holds onto all the nutrients that go into your body and you end up gaining weight instead of losing it. Definitely be sure to give yourself some time after eating before you work out, otherwise, your stomach will NOT be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate. Thats actually a really cool tip. Can you show me how to make those health brownies? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I could get up early enough in the morning I would consider working out before starting the day. But it's waking up that is the problem for me haha

    ReplyDelete