Monday, February 21, 2011

Exhausted but ready for the week!

I never truly realized how exhausted I could become.

After a full day of class on Thursday, I drove 5 hours down to Atlanta, enjoyed a very late dinner with my group, woke up early Friday for the PRSSA Real World Atlanta Convention (which was amazing), gathered my things and drove back to Tennessee. I finally reentered my room after midnight on Friday. After my head hit the pillow, I wasn't awake until around 1 Saturday afternoon. Since then I have spent my weekend in a sleepy haze. Shew. Hard work can really wipe you out. Now it's back to my very detailed scheduled routine. :) And I'm surprisingly excited for it!

The Real World Atlanta Conference was amazing. I thought I knew a lot about PR and communication before I attended, and I was wrong! I discovered jobs that, even though I knew they existed, I never really thought about them and saw them as something I could do. Community events and tourism here I come! I think I have finally found a job that I would LOVE to do. :)

Image from Mizzfit
As I'm sure you all can guess, I did not visit the hotel fitness center as I planned. I seriously believe that they should consider long distance driving as exercise.  :D  It wears you out! I also think that walking trough downtown Atlanta in high heeled shoes is an excelled little workout. My calves were killing me by the end of the day.

Onto the exercise info you are all looking for! Has anyone ever heard of barre3? This latest workout craze combines Pilates, yoga, and ballet to create long, lean muscles. It's hugely popular among celebrities right now. (Madonna is one of the biggest fans of this fitness routine.)  The circuits work your entire body and are great for focusing on toning.

Vital Juice posted an article about the routine and included a video for an at home barre3 workout. This video shows a routine that can be done anywhere, at anytime. For a more intense workout, all you have you have to do is repeat the routine a couple times. You can check out the video here.

I'll be trying the video later today, and if anyone else tries it, let me know what you think!!

5 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I can do these workouts while cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive always seen celebs on like the E channel talk about it. Im going to have to try it one day. I love your blogs they are so inspirational and motivating lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe heels are the ultimate workout for woman. Wear them all day long, and exercise are you walk! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I would have gone on the Atlanta trip. The date slipped up on me and I didnt sign up :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that workout is intense! Especially if madonna does it! She has some great thighs that I would die for!

    ReplyDelete