Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yay me!

So as I have done all morning, I will continue to share the wonderful news I received by email: I am now a certified primary aerobics instructor!! Yay me! :)  I'm so full of energy and excitement I'm about to burst. (okay maybe not burst, but you get the picture hehe) All of my hard work studying for the exam finally paid off. Now the journey of finding a class to teach will begin, and I can't wait.

In honor of being super excited and slightly full of myself at the moment, I thought I'd share another book that is all about YOU. Another important aspect of healthy living is you time and making sure your happy and healthy on the inside as well. Your only going to become as healthy as your willing to let yourself be. Taking time to focus and work on your mind and soul is equally as important as feeding yourself well and working out.

Jennifer "Gin" Sander's Wear More Cashmere: 151 Luxurious Ways to Pamper Your Inner Princess is the perfect book to conquer this task.  It is nothing but tips to make you love yourself even more. Here's a little peak at her book:

18Feet First:
Photo from Good Reads
A true princess would have many attendants to, um, attend to her. Not the lifestyle we usually get to live now, is it?  But there is a way you can spend at least one hour feeling very well attended to indeed. An hour in which you will feel petted and stroked, and you will even get to sit on a throne. Have you guessed? Yes, it is a pedicure. I'll take a pedicure over a manicure any day. It is far more indulgent, and the results last longer-- weeks and weeks for a pedicure, versus the mere days that you get out of even the best manicure before it starts to chip a bit. There you are, relaxed in your salon throne, the manicurist works away to transform your tired feet into elegant and well-cared-for objects. Close your eyes and enjoy the foot massage. I always offer to pay a tiny bit more for a longer foot massage. Such luxury for a scant $20. Not only do you end up with pretty feet, but you are so much more relaxed from the pampering and the effects of the foot massage on those sensitive parts of your feet. Truly a moment to savor.



I splurged this morning during all my excitement on an iced vanilla coffee. So yummy! I'll be sure to be good later. I'm working out with a friend which always helps to keep me going, motivation is key! The buddy system at the gym is always great for motivation. :)

Now, your mission for today: Go do something for you! And only you!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on being a certified aerobics instructor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that is so neat! I am so happy for you! I do agree that the buddy system is a great idea when working out!

    ReplyDelete