Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Atlanta Bound

Oh busy day! Today I have managed to be on the go since 7 a.m. Shew!  But, I was able to get all the paperwork started on becoming a substitute instructor at the gym :) I'll be able to put my new certification to use. (and get paid for something I do everyday anyway--yes!)


I've spent the remainder of my time in class and working on my mound of homework. Its strange, most of the time I actually enjoy homework and am ahead in my classes, but for some reason this semester, I seem to be letting myself get more overwhelmed than usual. I need to be sure to focus on my priorities and get all my assignments in order. (Repeat to self: I am a good student, I am a good student, I am a good student) I'm not failing at things, I'm just not okay with allowing myself to stress this much.

Photo from Top Atlanta Luxury
Fun is in the future though! Tomorrow afternoon I'm headed to Atlanta for a PRSSA Conference. I've been looking forward to the conference so much, and I get to go with friends. :) Though we won't be spending much time there, we're staying in the luxurious Ellis Hotel (yes, I will be pretending I'm a super rich professional). I absolutely love upscale hotels. Too bad we won't make it to the hotel in time for the complementary evening wine tasting (darn it!)  But I will be sure to take advantage of the hotel's other amenities: the fitness center.  Who knows what it will have to offer, but I can't wait to check it out.


Thinking about hotel fitness centers made me wonder, do you all work out when you're on a trip, either business or leisure? If you're only gone for a night, I understand skipping the gym, but what about when you're away from home longer? Or if you live the jet-set career life. How do you keep yourself in shape on the go?

I found an article on FitSugar called "5 Easy Exercises For Traveling Gals."I think I might have to print this out and bring it with me. These 5 moves are simple, but thats all you need when your away for one night. I've come to realize that exercise has become such an important part of my life, that I just don't feel good if I don't get even a small workout completed.

FitSugar also has another article about keeping up with your exercise routines when you're away from home. This one has some good tips and ideas to think about before you leave.

Yay for FitSugar for always providing me with the info I'm looking for :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck at the conference! I wish I could go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you really do have a passion for exercise! If I go on vacation I take a break from everything! Including exercise!

    ReplyDelete