Friday, May 13, 2011

Summer!!

Summer has finally arrived!! The process of packing, moving, unpacking and job hunting has gotten me very behind on updating. I am finally settled back in at home, unpacked and on a mission to find a job. I interviewed earlier this week at my local gym for a front desk/teaching position (keeping my fingers crossed) so hopefully I will hear something soon. It's the job I've really been hoping for!

Now that summer has arrived and I'm not stuck to my incredibly routine schedule any longer (yes!!) I've gotten very excited to begin taking all new classes at The Rush. I took a cardio fuel class earlier this week and it kicked my booty in the best possible way. I'm excited to shock my body out of its usual routine and to get re-pumped about working out and staying fit.


Image from Pronto
I also celebrated a birthday this week (I'm now the big 22, yikes!) and received an amazing gift from my grandma: the essential Zumba kit!! The kit comes with 8 different DVDs, a music cd, the fitness concert DVD, a guidebook AND the toning weights. I have had sooo much fun with it! It is seriously one of the best kits/dvd sets ever. It allows me to dance to the Zumba I love even when no classes are going on in my town. You guys have got to check it out! I promise it is definitely worth every penny!

Are any of you Zumba fans? The latin fusion dance program is one of the most popular fitness crazes right now! The high energy choreography keeps participants energized while they get a great cardio and muscular workout. Classes are popping up all across the US as this fitness party is taking over the nation. It is great for anyone because the moves can be modified to fit any fitness level. The best part about the program is that it encourages you to just keep moving and have fun, perfecting the moves isn't the important part, its about having a good time while burning calories.

Check out this Zumba dance for Shakira's song 'Waka Waka' that was written for the 2010 World Cup.


I think everyone should try a Zumba class at least once in their lifetime. Let me know if you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment