Wednesday, April 20, 2011

To exercise or not to exercise...THAT is the question

I'm thankful that today I'm teaching the hard core abs class because if I wasn't, I don't think I would be headed to the gym. Sometimes when the day is dark and gloomy, I find it hard to force myself out of bed to  workout. (I even find it hard to get up for food!) My motivations issues have had me wondering, does gloomy weather keep you away from the gym? And if it doesn't, what makes you go?


As I got to thinking about what motivates me, I thought I would make a list to share with you. Here are my top motivations:

  • A friend waiting at the gym (I can't leave my friends there alone!)
  • Cute gym clothes that I want to show off
  • A FANTASTIC  new mix on my iPod (I don't allow myself to listen to it before I hear it at the gym)
  • Treating myself with a small splurge for fighting laziness
  • Finding a new printable workout that I'm dying to try

 If a new printable workout motivates you, here it Tone It Up's latest beach babe workout. And if you need more, you can work out like Colbie Caillat with her Super Slim Down Workout.

And if new music keeps you going, check out Shape's 10 Best Workout Songs of March right here. New music keeps you motivated and keeps you from getting bored mid-workout. And if remixes/mash-ups are your fitness tunes of choice, check out this playlist from Muscle Prodigy. 

I hope that some of these tips help to keep you motivated when you have a day when you just don't want to work. And keep me updated if you have any motivational tips or tricks that work for you!

2 comments:

  1. One of the most common questions among people trying to lose weight is how to get rid of abdominal fat, it seems to be one area that we struggle the most with. Just having good abdominal exercise will not work!Now there are a lot of common sense rules, which make sense, when it comes to fat loss, and weight loss in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blogs they are so motivational... (Hope I spelled that correct) lol.. Keep up the good work Kate!

    ReplyDelete