Friday, March 25, 2011

Kicking butt and taking names

I just got done teaching a fantastic guts, butts and thighs class.  I was called in last minute to sub the class and I'm so happy I decided to teach. I was feeling pretty lazy today and was going to skip my workout, but somehow my workout managed to hunt me down.

Guts, butts and thighs is one of my most favorite classes to teach. Its strictly a toning class that focuses on some of the hardest to hit areas. Your doing crunches, lunges, squats, twists, raises, planks and anything else you can imagine. (it really kicks your butt haha)

Plie squats are possibly my all time favorite thigh/butt exercise. Oh it burns so much but it works better than you could ever imagine. To do a plie squat you begin in a wide stance, toes pointed out and knees in line with toes. You suck your abs in tight, stand tall and then pretend your sitting down into a chair. Push your butt out, keeping that chest tall and open, all while not letting your knees pass the front of your toes. Think about holding your muscles tight and then push yourself back up.

Doing 3 sets of 20 plie squats along with your other exercises is a sure way to get your assets in shape. :)

Check out directions for this and other exercises at celebrity trainer David Kirsch's website.

Image from DavidKirschWellness

No comments:

Post a Comment