Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Not all dimples are cute

The countdown to spring break has begun! And as I've mentioned before, the gym is absolutely packed with girls getting their last minute workouts in. I've got less than 3 days until I get to enjoy an entire week of nothingness. (relaxation at it's finest :) ) And just because I'm not headed to the beach to soak up some rays (I'm quite jealous of those who are,)  I am still working hard to get myself in shape. Summer is just around the corner you know!

I almost had to force myself to go to my kickboxing and Zumba classes yesterday, but I'm sooooo glad I went. I had excellent workouts and felt really refreshed when I was done.  Sometimes an intense cardio workout is just what you need to get your blood flowing and heart beating and smiling. There is something about a great workout that puts me in a fantastic mood.

Image from FitSugar
I mentioned in one of my other posts that one of the most frequent complaints about women concerns their so called "love handles." One of the other problem areas I hear about most often concerns the dreaded cellulite on their booty and thighs. noooo!!!!  The strange thing is, from a medical view, cellulite doesn't actually exist. It is nothing more than uneven fat distribution under the skin. And it is something 80-95% of women have. (ladies, your not alone!) Their appearance can be caused from untoned muscles, hormones or a different genetic factors (it's honestly not your fault).

The bad news about these little dimples is there is no way to get rid of them completely. BUT there is good news. There are ways to help reduce their appearance. By adding 20-60 minutes of cardio, three to five times a week, to your fitness routine you can help reduce your body's overall fat content. The less fat you have, the less cellulite there can be. Cardio alone will not fix your problem though, toned muscles mean less visible dimples. That's what we want :) Here are a couple strength training ideas you can use to target the most common trouble zones:
Image from FitFineLines

Keep in mind ladies, you aren't going to be able to remove these pesky little bumps completely and almost every chick out there has them too. Don't be afraid to rock your fantastic new bikini. As long as your confident wearing it, nobody will notice your not so favorite areas. And try not to think of your "trouble areas" as problems, they make you unique and you should flaunt it!

3 comments:

  1. Do any of you guys go to yoga or classes during the day? I live away so im not here at night but I would love to go to zumba or some of the classes. I may try to go to one during the day on Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a pilates on Wed. from 12 to 1 p.m. Kate and I are going to start going starting when we get back from the break. You should join!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not realize that that many woman actually have cellulite!

    ReplyDelete